Do you see a flashing blue light on your Ring Doorbell?
This is one of the most common messages displayed. Find out what this and other blue light messages mean below.
Why is Ring Doorbell Flashing Blue?
Your Ring Doorbell communicates status messages and error messages through the round circular light on the front of the doorbell.
This light communicates different messages based on whether it is solid or blinking, the speed it is blinking or what portion of the circle is lighted.
Primary meanings for a blue Ring Doorbell light:
- Spinning Blue Light – This occurs when there is a normal doorbell push. The light on the Ring Doorbell will spin blue when it is notifying you of a potential call.
- Solid Blue Light – You will see a solid blue light when you answer a call or connect to your Ring Doorbell. This indicates the doorbell speaker is turned on and someone has connected and can listen.
- Upward Moving Blue Light – When you see an upward moving blue light then your Ring Doorbell is trying to connect to your WiFi network. This is common during setup, but you might have a WiFi connection problem if you see this at other times.
- Flashing Blue Light (1 Second On – 1 Second Off) – A one second flashing blue light means the Ring Doorbell is starting or booting. If this continues without stopping for a long period of time then your doorbell might be stuck in a boot loop.
- 4 Blue LEDs Flash Four Times – Nothing to worry about here. This simply means your Ring Doorbell was set up correctly.
- Rapid Blue Lights Flashing then White – This series of lights indicates that you have successfully completed a factory reset on your Ring Doorbell.
- Top Half Flashing Blue – This can mean two different things. During setup, the top half flashing blue means a bad password. After setup, it means the Ring Doorbell is connected to power and charging.
You can see visuals for these lights on the Ring website.
Why is Ring Doorbell Flashing White?
Read about the 5 primary reasons your Ring Doorbell is flashing white and how to fix them.
Ring Pro Flashing Blue While Charging
If you have a Ring Pro, then it might start flashing when you start the installation process. This is normal and indicates the Ring Pro internal power cell is charging.
What will you see:
Blue LED Blinking & Slowly Filling the Circle – Ring Pro is charging in order to complete the setup. The light is a charging meter that will shut off when fully charged. After it is fully charged, you can finish the setup process on your Ring Pro.
Ring Doorbell Projects
Once you get your Ring Doorbell up and running, you can try out some of the projects below.
- Create a Ring Doorbell Alexa Chime – Have any or all of your Alexa devices ring when your doorbell button is pressed.
- Ring Doorbell on TV – View your Ring Doorbell on Fire TV.
- Setup Ring Two Factor Authentication – Stay safe and ensure other people can’t access your Ring Doorbell video feeds.
- Smart Locks that Work with Ring Doorbell – Control your door lock from the Ring app.
P.S. Please leave a comment below to ask a question, help someone else or share your experiences. Thanks!