Does Ring work with Alexa?
Yes. When you connect Ring to Alexa it makes both products better.
Here is a list of ways Ring products work with Alexa.
- Use your Amazon Echo as a doorbell chime for your Ring Doorbell.
- Answer your Ring Doorbell with your Echo and talk to guests.
- View any Ring camera on the Echo Spot, Echo Show or Fire TV with your voice.
- Have Alexa make an announcement or run a routine when your Ring doorbell is pressed or motion is detected.
- Arm or Disarm your Ring Alarm with Amazon Echo.
Connecting Alexa and Ring is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. Once you complete the setup, all of your Rind devices will be available through your Alexa devices.
- Does Ring work with Alexa?
- Connect Ring to Alexa
- Ring and Alexa Projects
|Alexa Device||Description||Best For||Buy|
|All-new Echo Dot (4th Gen) | Smart speaker with clock and Alexa | Glacier White||Modern styling to add smart home voice control throughout your home.||Amazon Price|
|Top Top||Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Charcoal||Adding smart home voice control in all rooms.||Amazon Price|
|Top Top||Echo (3rd Gen)- Smart speaker with Alexa- Charcoal||Larger rooms where you want better sound.||Amazon Price|
|Top Top||Introducing Echo Show 8 - HD 8" smart display with Alexa - Charcoal||Kitchens and bedrooms to see recipes and security cameras.||Amazon Price|
|Top Top||Echo Plus (2nd Gen) - Premium sound with built-in smart home hub - Charcoal||Entry level smart home controller built-in.||Amazon Price|
|Top Top||Introducing Echo Flex - Plug-in mini smart speaker with Alexa||Bathrooms and kitchen counter plugs.||Amazon Price|
Connect Ring to Alexa
You can enable the Ring Skill for Alexa from your computer or from your phone. The process of authorizing the Ring skill and linking the accounts is very similar. If you are using your computer, then open the Ring skill from the link below and click enable to start the process.
Step 1: Open Alexa Skills Menu
In your Alexa app, click the “hamburger” menu in the upper left corner and select “Skills & Games”.
Step 2: Install the Ring Skill on Alexa
Select the “search” icon in the upper right. Next, type in “Ring” and the Ring skill will show up in the search results. Don’t worry about the low rating. The Ring skill has improved a lot since it was first released.
Step 3: Enable the Ring Skill for Alexa
Click “Enable to Use” the Ring skill. Then you will login to your Ring account to connect Ring and Alexa.
Step 4: Authorize to Connect Ring and Alexa
Click “Authorize” to finalize the connection of Ring to Alexa. You will then receive a confirmation that Ring and Alexa are successfully linked.
Step 5: Discover Your Ring Devices on Alexa
The final step is to discover your Ring devices. You can do this in two ways:
- Click “Discover Devices” in the app during setup.
- Say “Alexa, Discover Devices” any time to add all new devices.
The discovery process will take around 45 seconds so please be patient during this time.
Ring and Alexa Projects
You can now see all of your Ring products under the “Devices” tab in the Alexa app. This includes the Ring Doorbell, the various Ring cameras and Ring Alarm.
Here are some great projects to start after you connect Ring and Alexa together:
- Create a Ring Doorbell Alexa Chime – Set up your Amazon Echo devices to ring or chime when your doorbell is pushed. You can select from multiple chimes, music and holiday sounds.
- View Ring Doorbell on TV – View your Ring cameras on an Echo Spot, Echo Show, Fire TV or Fire TV Stick. Just say, Alexa…show the front door (use your camera name).
- Turn on an Alexa Ring Motion Announcement – You can have Alexa announce that motion was detected on your Ring camera.
- Create an Alexa Ring Routine – Create a custom routine to perform multiple actions if your Ring Doorbell is pressed or if there is motion detected on your Ring camera.
- Set up Ring Alarm with Alexa – You can arm and disarm your Ring Alarm by voice after completing this setup.
- Answer Ring Doorbell – Answer the door and talk to guests with an Echo Spot or Echo Show.
P.S. Please leave a comment below to ask a question, help someone else or share your experiences. Thanks!