Your Alexa speaker will blink or flash yellow anytime you have a message or notification. Just say, “Alexa, what are my notifications” to play the notifications and stop Alexa from flashing yellow.
Notifications that Cause Alexa to Flash Yellow
There are several types of notifications that cause the Alexa light ring to blink or flash yellow.
- Amazon Shopping Notifications – Alexa will flash yellow for delivery notifications, order updates, Amazon community product questions and more. You can control these notifications in the Amazon Alexa settings.
- Alexa Message Notifications – If someone sends you a message using Alexa, then your Echo will flash yellow to notify you of the message. You will hear the voice message when you ask Alexa to play the notification or message.
- Alexa Reminder Notifications – If you have a missed reminder, then your Echo ring might pulse yellow depending on your Alexa Reminder settings. When you play the notification, Alexa will repeat your reminder.
How to Stop Alexa from Blinking Yellow
If your Alexa is blinking yellow now, just say “Alexa, what are my notifications”.
Alexa will play the notification and stop flashing yellow on your Echo devices.
Change Alexa Settings to Stop Flashing Yellow
Do you want to permanently disable flashing yellow notifications on Alexa?
You can control notification settings for Amazon shopping, Alexa messaging and Alexa reminders in the Alexa app.
1. Change Amazon Shopping Notifications
Navigate to: Settings / Notifications / Amazon Shopping
You can turn on or off Amazon Shopping notifications depending on your preferences.
This includes notifications if a package is out for delivery or delivered, customer questions, product reviews and more.
2. Change Alexa Messaging Notifications
Navigate to: Devices / [Your Specific Device] / Communications
Turn off Calling and Messaging for your Echo device and you will no longer get notifications that create the yellow flashing light.
3. Change Alexa Reminder Notifications
Navigate to: Settings / Reminders
The reminders setting allows you to turn on or off missed reminder notifications. If you turn on missed reminders, then Alexa will flash yellow if a reminder happens when your phone isn’t near your Alexa device.
Other Alexa Settings
Here are some other Alexa settings to learn about:
- Change Alexa Name – You don’t have to use Alexa as the wake word.
- Change Alexa Voice – Alexa can speak in a different voice or accent.
P.S. Please leave a comment below to ask a question, help someone else or share your experiences. Thanks!