Enable Alexa Brief Mode in 4 simple steps. Simply follow the guide below.
Stop Alexa from Saying OK
Does Alexa talk too much? Just turn on Brief Mode and enjoy the silence. Brief Mode is a simple setting that makes Alexa speak less and stop saying OK after commands.
If you control smart home devices with Alexa, then enabling Brief Mode is a must. For example, if you say “Alexa, turn on the lights” then Alexa will say OK and then turn on the lights. If Brief Mode is enabled, then your Echo will just beep and turn on the lights.
Here is the description you will find in the Alexa app.
What is Alexa Brief Mode?
When enabled, Alexa speaks less and for some simple messages, plays a short sound instead of a voice response.
When you turn on Brief Mode, it is applied to all Alexa devices on your account. You can not turn it on for each device individually.
You can turn on Brief Mode in the Alexa app on your phone or from https://alexa.amazon.com.
How do I Turn on Alexa Brief Mode?
Follow these simple steps to enable Alexa Brief Mode.
1 – Open Settings in the Alexa App
Open the “Hamburger” Menu in the top corner of the Alexa App and select Settings.
2 – Open Your Alexa Account Settings
Select Alexa Account in the settings menu.
3 – Open Alexa Voice Responses
Select Alexa Voice Responses in the Alexa Account settings menu.
4 – Turn on Alexa Brief Mode
Toggle the Brief Mode button to the on position.
Other Alexa Smart Home Projects
Now that you have stopped Alexa from saying OK, check out these other Alexa projects for your smart home.
- Alexa Custom Commands – Create your own custom Alexa voice command to start a routine.
- Alexa Privacy Settings – Manage and delete the voice recordings and other information recorded by Alexa.
- Connect Ring to Alexa – Connect your Ring Doorbell to Alexa and make your Echo devices a doorbell chime.
- Alexa Preferred Speaker – Setup an Alexa preferred speaker for better sounding music.
- Echo Dot Accessories – The best accessories to make your Echo Dot even better.
P.S. Please leave a comment below to ask a question, help someone else or share your experiences. Thanks!